Nursing Assignment Demonstrating Scenarios Based On Clinical Knowledge
Prepare a nursing assignment addressing the following questions:
• Provide an overview of your demonstrated clinical knowledge in the delivery and improvement of safe, evidence-based nursing and/or midwifery care within a clinical setting.
• Provide an overview of your demonstrated ability to work within a team in a clinical setting and practice in accordance with the NMBA professional standards (EN, RN, MW as relevant).
• Outline your reasons for applying to participate in a Graduate Nursing and/or Midwifery Program.
Overview of clinical knowledge in the delivery and improvement of safe nursing practices:
As mentioned herein nursing assignment, in the delivery room, besides the doctors, the labor and delivery nurses play a significant role in ensuring the health and safety of the baby and the mother. They not only help the doctors during childbirthbut are also capable of delivering suitable judgment if the case becomes complicated. The nurses, alongside the obstetricians, deliver antepartum (before delivery) and postpartum (post-delivery) care. The delivery nurse formsa team with the doctor and conducts a birthing plan strategy based on the complication of the case . They also counsel the mother before the process showing empathy with the patient and also guiding the new parents to take proper care of the newborn. The labor and delivery nurses are helpful in various settings like birthing centers, private clinics, hospitals, and even in-home setups. The nurses often extend a helping hand for –
Monitoring the mother while on labor and delivery of the baby.
• Administering pain management or epidurals and other kinds of medication for the patients.
• Helping the doctor to administer Cytotec or Pitocin.
• To monitor the mother’s condition and the heart rate of the baby in the womb.
• To keep a tab on the complexity of the maternal case for ensuring smooth labor conditions.
• Consultation with the doctors and obstetricians continuously to provide them theaccurate information .
• Alarm the doctors in case the condition of the patient deteriorates.
• Preparing c-section or cesarean delivery or emergency c-sections as the situation requires.
To deliver the services suitably, the nurses are required to undergo the right kind of training and education.
Overview of working in a team following NMBA professional standards:
The Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia (NMBA) has set out standard practices for the Enrolled Nurse (EN). NMBA strives for professional and collaborative practices, provision of care, and reflective and analytical practices while working within a team in clinical settings.
Professional and collaborative practices –
As per NMBA, the nurses should work within the given guidelines for EN practices demonstrating their knowledge and implications for the purpose. The standard of practice should uphold the confidentiality, respect, and dignity of the patients . The nurses should not discriminate against those on the grounds of their ethnicity, religion, or culture and treat them adequately as they seek treatment while visiting the health centers. The EN set of practice also stands for accountability and responsibility of their actions and no one else will be responsible for it.
Provision of care –
The EN stands to interpret information from various sources to extract information for appropriate care planning. The EN ought to collaborate with the Registered Nurse (RN) to receive care and the healthcare team to develop proper care plans. NMBAstandards recommend providing timely and efficient care to the patients in healthcare decision-making . Lastly, it holds to communicate and document the entire healthcare scenario.
Reflective and analytical practices –
NMBA standards stand for informed and research-driven nursing practices to deliver better healthcare to the targeted segment. It further recommends ongoing development of the practicing nurses and improving the system within the given framework.
Discuss the reasons to participate in the Graduate Nursing / Midwifery Program in the nursing assignment:
I have a penchant to dedicate myself to the betterment of the community and to do so, the most convenient way is to engage in the healthcare system. I want to be a qualified nurse to help the patients heal quickly and contribute my minuscule part to have a healthy community. My specified reasons to participate in the Graduate Nursing Program is elaborated in the following manner –
• Advanced knowledge – The graduate program will provide suitable knowledge and experience that can be used in the healthcare segment . The advanced knowledge and practical exposure will be in tandem with the changing scenarios in the healthcare sector to facilitate updated treatment of the patients.
• Convenience – Having a degree in nursing makes it convenient to get a suitable job in the healthcare sector. The guidance of the teachers and counselors will guide them to perform the job effectively as well as to inculcate qualities to be a good nurse.
• Career prospect – A graduate degree in nursing helps to land a suitable job as well as pursue higher studies in the field . Higher education in nursing opens new career opportunities as well as good pay to boost the career in the designated field.
• Healthcare leadership – A proper education in nursing enables the incumbent to have a greater say in facilitating better care for the patients. The healthcare organization also looks for educated and qualified nurses to have a position of leadership for better decision-making.