Analysis On Levis Jeans Project Management Plan
These jeans were a market failure. Create a project management plan to turn them into success.
In this individual assessment, students will be given an opportunity to analyse the organisational factors that
promote effective project management by analysing elements of the project management planning and
execution phases that may give rise to ethical compromises. More importantly, students will practice creating
an integrated project management plans that meet industry standards and objectives.
• Construct a plan to project manage these Levi jeans to success using the five stages of IPECC as per PMBOK.
• Use the criteria for success from assessment 1 and software that would be the best fit for this task from
assessment 2. Justify both these choices.
• Use research and common sense to find all the data you need for each step in your complete project plan
• There will be additional information which gives a fuller description of the assessment requirements
along with KBS presentation guidelines. This will be posted on the myKBS Assessment page.
• Please refer to the marking guide to assist you in completing all the assessment criteria.
The present report is focused on examining the Levis Jeans project management plan. Levi’s Jeans is a brand in the global market. Its brand name in the world provokes people to purchase this brand of jeans all over the world. The company of Levi jeans has started this project to make it a complete success by making a Levis Jeans project management plan properly. The project is aimed at helping the company achieve the success which failed to succeed in the market previously. It was found that the business of Levi jeans failed in the market due to a lack of proper Levis Jeans project management plan. Hence, the goal of the project is to create a project management plan so that Levi Jeans becomes a success in the market by maximizing its projects.
The project will analyze some factors and ways to promote and enhance proper project management plan for Levi’s jeans company to succeed and earn profits in the future. It has been observed previously how Levi’s jeans failed massively in the market and thus, the only goal of the project is to create a proper Levis Jeans project management plan to turn the business into a success. A business succeeds and fails in the market due to several factors. The project will make a detailed account and report on the reasons and failure of Levi’s jeans in the global market and analyze the ways to make it a success.
Reasons behind the failure of Levi’s jeans
It has been found that Levi’s jeans failed in the global market and did not achieve success. Despite investing huge amounts of money in marketing in the year 2000, the company still failed to achieve success. The prices of Levi’s jeans increased very much as compared to the quality provided by the company (Durmaz, Çavu?o?lu, & Özer, 2018). Hence, the sales of the jeans got reduced due to the unexpected price rise of Levi’s. It has also been identified that Levi’s jeans mainly failed in the market for having some flaws and defects which were faced by the users while using due to improper manufacturing. Some of the reasons for defects found in Levi’s jeans caused by improper manufacturing leading to the complete failure in the market are as follows:
- Stitches are found to be broken due to poor needle cutting: It has often been observed in the Levis Jeans project management that the place where one seam intersects another seam while stitching, the thread is found to have been broken. This results in improper stitching of the jeans due to poor needle cutting(Gepty, 2017). As the stitches of Levi’s jeans are found to have been broken, the users have faced many difficulties after wearing the jeans and this has reduced the durability of the jeans in the global market. Thus, the main reason behind the failure is a failure in the stitching of Levi’s jeans and broken thread.
- Broken stitches due to Abrasion: The thread gets broken due to many reasons while manufacturing jeans. The reasons for the thread getting broken while manufacturing jeans are hand-sanding, stone washing, and sandblasting(Hauhart, 2017). This broken thread in jeans has resulted in deterioration in the quality of Levi's jeans which has reduced the long-lasting quality of the jeans in the market. The broken stitches have to be stitched again on the line of stitch for getting it repaired. Several other solutions are there to improve the stitching quality of Levi’s jeans so that the durability increases.
- Broken stitches due to chemical degradation: This usually happens when the thread used to manufacture Levi's jeans gets destroyed due to the harsh chemicals that are used while manufacturing jeans(Hussain & Siddiqui, 2016). The chemicals used by the manufacturers resulted to change or loss of color of the jeans and failure of the seam completely.
- Seams are unraveled: It has been often found that the stitch got broken or the stitch of the jeans got skipped for some reason leading to poor quality of Levi’s jeans(Mantri, Kale, & Patel, 2019). Unless the seam is stitched again properly, the seam will fail.
- Rolling and sagging pockets: The pockets of Levi’s jeans are often found to have rolls during manufacturing especially laundering.
Factors for Success
There are multiple criteria needed behind the planning of a product to make it successful in the market. The main two components are sufficient resource management during the process of creating and delivering a product then conduct everything within the allocated deadline. If an organization split their work according to the following factors, they will get a long term success.
Proper Resource Management
There are various element includes in the resource management process such as communication, manpower, decision-making process and financial structure of an organization (Kanki, 2019). All of these factors play an important role in the process of producing a certain product. The first step would always be the proper planning before creating a product. Levi should take the opinion from the audience and observe the taste of their potential buyers during the planning. Jeans is an essential clothing article among various age groups, especially teenagers to middle age people. Levi should create jeans which are comfortable and affordable in that wide range of age groups. People mainly prefer Levi's jeans for their comfort and reasonable price. The company should plan their budget and resource according to these factors to get success in the market.
It is also important to have a properly functioning HRM team in an organization to maintain the workflow. Human resource management team maintains the continuation of the work process and makes the process sustainable (Oke, 2016). It helps in the development of a company and produces a quality product every time. Levi has several factories to distribute the workforce according to the deadline pressure. HRM team detects any potential crisis during the work process to control the situation. After delivering the first batch of a particular jeans design, Levi should observe the market and their customers whether they accepting the product or not. If not, the company then uses the rest resource behind producing other product to control the damage.
Work according to Policies and Guidelines
Every company has its guidelines and policies on their product. This applies to both their products and employees. This policies and guidelines will help an organization to maintain their work and product quality to be consistent in the market. It also maintains planning techniques and decision-making process in an organization (Wimmelmann, 2017). Levi has gained its popularity due to its product quality and consistency in every available clothing category in their stores. But this time, they have failed to meet their quality level so the potential buyers rejected the new jeans. The company should accept this failure and produce better quality products for their next launch.
The policies and guidelines will also help in keeping the authentication of the product and restricts others to copy a certain design. Levi creates their product design confidentially to enter the market with the new product to impress their consumers. Levi should create the jeans design to meet the customer's expectation to capture their attention at the initial stage. The company's guidelines will help the company to produce consistent product quality to rebound into the market after its failure.
Levis Jeans project management Planning
Project management is the sole responsible for the success or failure of a particular product in an organization. Levis Jeans project management planning gives multiple ways to plan or control a situation to make the work process sustainable (Daneshpour & Takala, 2017). There are five stages in Levis Jeans project management planning process to create and disseminate a product successfully. This includes initiation of a product, executing the plan, monitor the performance, product launch planning and closure.
- Conception and Initiation: This is the initial stage of a project where the management team discuss producing a certain product and observe whether it will be a success for the company or not. Levi needs to plan a new concept for the design of their new jeans according to their previous product's failing factors and the audience's expectation. At this stage, they will explain their new product's purpose into the market and requirements behind creating this product. They will also have to plan their product's design for a long term success to bounce back from their previous crisis.
- Project Planning: This stage is consists of two different planning objectives – SMART and CLEAR goals.
- SMART goals will help in explaining the implications of different objectives during the work process.
- Specific: To meet the deadline of the product’s creation and understand when, where and how the product will work in the market.
- Measurable: To understand the requirements behind creating this product.
- Attainable: To identify the specific factor that will help in achieving the goal.
- Realistic: To point out the actual methods to meet the goal within the time.
- Timely: To give a specific deadline for product’s completion.
- CLEAR goals will help in encouraging the employees and make the work environment flexible.
- Collaborative: To maintain the workload flexible for the employees.
- Limited: To control the time and scope to finish the work within the deadline.
- Emotional: To create the work structure according to the engagement of the employees.
- Appreciable: To divide the work structure into smaller portions for fast completion.
- Refinable: To make the work process understandable for the employees that they could change goals in a crisis.
- Execution: This is the stage of Levis Jeans project management where the product is being developed to meet its actual result. This process consists of the assignment of a team and resources to execute the management plan; operate the work process according to the assigned deadline and control any crisis.
- Project Monitoring: To monitor and evaluate the performance the company needs to set KPI’s according to their requirements. The management team will choose some key performance indicators to measure the performance quality and progress.
- Project Objectives: To ensure that the management team will work according to the project planning objectives.
- Project Performance: To make sure that the employees understand the work plan to meet their goal before the deadline.
- Financial Structure: To maintain the budget in the process of the work to control any crisis.
- Resource: To always be alert about the resources to never interrupt the work process.
- Closure: The Levis Jeans project management team needs to document the after launch elements for further research. This will also help the company to know whether the new product is a success of failure, and finish the management process according to that result.
Levis Jeans project management Software
Bridge 24 is particular software used to create and promote proper Levis Jeans project management plans for Levi's jeans to achieve success in the market. The two main obligations faced regarding the availability of Bridge 24 were reporting and reporting (Verma, 2017). Firstly, this is software developed to take out and detect more accurate results from the different sources of data that already existed. Secondly, the software is used to detect the right approach or method that has to be used for designing the most efficient Levis Jeans project management plan for turning the company to a complete success in the whole process of manufacturing Levi’s jeans.
The Bridge 24 software application is used to promote well-planned Levis Jeans project management for helping the company to succeed in the market (Wheeler & Omair, 2016). The most essential parts connected to the Levis Jeans project management plan are tools that can be exported, a variety of views, interactive parts, filters, and advanced reports. This particular Software Bridge 24 will help in taking suitable and perfect decisions in the business promoting and enhancing proper decision making in the whole process of turning Levi's jeans a complete success from its failure in the market (Wight, 2017). Some value is Levis Jeans project management created by Bridge 24 to promote Levi’s jeans for achieving success. Thus, it can be said the Bridge 24 software application plays an effective role in making Levi’s successful in the global market.
The policies and guidelines followed to succeed by promoting Levis Jeans project management plan and resource management are the most important factors and determinants for the success and failure of Levi’s jeans. Levi’s jeans will be able to succeed in the global market by following multiple methods and ethics in the process of project management as well as resource management plan. The project has been very well in creating a detailed and written account of the reasons and failure of Levi's jeans. It has also been discussed in the project what policies and guidelines have to be followed by Levi's jeans for having proper resource and project management plan to achieve success in the world market. An effective resource and Levis Jeans project management plan has been created in the report which can meet the standards and objectives of Levi’s jeans to reach the target audience.
Daneshpour, H., & Takala, J. (2017). Decision making towards integration of sustainability into project management; a multilevel theory building approach. Levis Jeans project management Management; Review, Production Engineering, 8(3), 13-21.
Durmaz, Y., Çavu?o?lu, S., & Özer, Ö. (2018). The Effect of Brand Image and Brand Benefit on Customer Loyalty: The Case of Turkey. International Journal of Academic Research in Business; Sciences, Social, 8(5), 528-540.
Gepty, A. B. (2017). Deconstructing Trademark Infringement: Context Considerations, and Challenges. Ateneo LJ 62, 62, 1165.
Hauhart, R. C. (2017). American Dream Studies in the 21 st Century: An American Perspective. Solsko Polje, 28.
Hussain, K., & Siddiqui, K. (2016). Dynamics of Intergenerational Influences on Brand Preferences in Pakistan:(Brand-in-Mind vs. Brand-in-Hand). Journal of Marketing Management; Behavior, Consumer, 1(3), 51-60.
Kanki, B. (2019). Communication and crew resource management. In B. Kanki, Crew resource management (pp. 103-137). Levis Jeans project management Elsevier.
Mantri, S. P., Kale, M. V., & Patel, M. A. (2019). Stress Management and Work Life``Balance: An Effective Approach For Success With Special Reference To Woman Employees From IT Industries. RESEARCH JOURNEY, 59.
Oke, L. (2016). Human resources management. International Journal of Humanities; -, Cultural Studies ISSN, 1(4), 376-387.
Verma, S. (2017). Women’s wear competition in denim jeans and consumer analysis. NIFt-Mumbai.
Wheeler, S. C., & Omair, A. (2016). Potential growth areas for implicit theories research. Journal of consumer psychology, 26(1), 137-141.
Wight, P. (2017). The countercultural roots of green consumerism. Shopping for change: Consumer activism; power, the possibilities of purchasing, 161-172.
Wimmelmann, C. L. (2017). Performing compliance: the work of local policy workers during the implementation of national health promotion guidelines. Levis Jeans project management Evidence; Policy: A Journal of Research, Debate; Practice, 13(3), 417-432.